tirsdag 7. desember 2010

Observational drawing

we were assigned to make 12 drawings that should be drawn from real life obervation and not from a 2d picture or an image at your PC desktop,many students asked why and ,I know that I once read something about this issue said from a professor.
It is said that when we draw,or see something in real life we uses our side of the brain that compose thogether forms and the other half of the brain establish the distance and scale,this is so essential when draw from life,and thats why also it takes a great deal to train our brain to establish and put together what we really see !
then there is lots of practising of puting the real measurements and the directions of the lines on to the paper in a 2 dimensional form.

I`v always loved to Draw since the elementary school,I was encourage to keep on,and that this shurely was something for me, by my teacher.
 though it took some year up to real grown up age that I learned to appreciate it real to the full joy that I do to day.
 I think my favorite object must be the female bodies and their curves,though I also like compositions of landscapes,steam trains,and vintage airplanes.
 well the first and hardest when getting a assignment is always to make up your mind about what to draw and in witch composition it should be ?
I allways tend to think a little to much over thing and push things on a hold before i really affects the practical of drawing or painting.but in the last moment of time thing strikes down to me!
here is my observational drawings some I started out right at after the given assignment in the late summer,
"the boat" ,"the steam engine servicing" , "the Leaf "   1st were the "school drawing mouse"




My Airbrush gun


here is my model train under drawing
One of my favorite Model Railroad train on coffee table, sketched done !

Ok ! on the coffee table we also have my "favorite cup"

And as we talking coffee ! it`s made in my Italian designed espresso Bialetti can.
-actually this design first introduced in 1933,has really been standing alone as one
of the few product in the world that nearly not has been changed on the design through today !

Kitchen study

Beauty cream

Boat on Strand

Damp lok på Krødern under service

Construction


Rail way passenger bridge "Strand"
this was sketched in about 15 min in freezing cold -10-15 C degreed minus! that was cold! BRRRR.....

Maple leaf drawn in autum




my drawing style tend to be very loose ,so I do have to scan them and give them a multiply 1X in Photoshop before I publish them.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar